MARS Restoration is a leading home restoration company bringing a higher standard of roofing to Maryland and Northern Virginia. After more than 20 years in roofing, founders Sal and Eric wanted to build a company that got the job done right. Experienced in insurance inspections and certified by shingle manufacturers, MARS Restoration is a company made of uniquely qualified individuals. We are known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike. We are a rapidly growing business in one of the fastest growing industries in the world providing quality service with a quality reputation.
The Accounts Receivable & Collections Clerk will assist in ensuring that the company receives payment for goods and services offered. The ideal candidate will be customer service driven, comfortable negotiating, and skilled with regularly navigating account collections by phone.
- Identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment.
- Drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections.
- Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Creates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers.
- Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, or mailing attentions.
- Creates reports regarding the current status of customer accounts as requested.
- Researches customer discrepancies and past-due amounts.
- Collaborates with the team to reconcile accounts receivable on a periodic (at least bimonthly) basis.
- Assists in generating monthly billing statements based on the general ledger.
- Assists in reconciling revenue accounts each month.
- Copies, files, and retrieves materials for accounts receivable as needed.
- Relays changes of information to appropriate employees.
- Reviews and analyzes insurance scopes for property damage.
Skills & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associates or Bachelors degree in Accounting preferred.
- At least two years of collections-related experience required.
- Former insurance adjuster experience and/or the ability to analyze insurance scopes for property damage.
- Excellent phone and customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Google Workplace or related software as well as accounting software programs.
- Ability to operate related office equipment, such as computers, calculator, and copier.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Why Should You Apply?
- Family-like team environment
- Rapidly growing business with 20% growth every year for three years
- Benefits package – health insurance, 401k with employer match
- $16.00 – $18.00 per hour, commensurate with experience
- Benefits package including health insurance, 401k with employer match
Monday through Friday, 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM